Monday, November 17, 2014

Of Models and Men

I recently read a post on Facebook by a beautiful nude model whom I follow there and on Model Mayhem:


"So tired of dudes with their fanboy shit who want to "date,me" or brag they are "dating a model" or have a model "girlfriend". Guess what? I'm an actual person with feelings,with emotions and it amazes me that people expect me to be an emotionless mannequin. Guess what? I cry, I get upset. I get angry because I'm a real person...It also makes me feel like I always have to "be hot" and dressed up..like I have to keep up an image, and that people will be dissapointed [sic] if I don't look "hot"all the time. idk. . I am not my persona. I am not "xxxxx" in real life. You need to like me for who I am as a person, not what I am.. I am not just a smiling trophy you can dust off and take off your shelf when you need to brag to your boys and show off, but then put back and ignored when you don't need to prove your accomplishment. You want to keep a trophy? Then treat her like one all the time..otherwise you don't deserve her. I'm not a damn "rent a gf" lol"

This disturbed me because I have heard similar stories from other models I know.

I realize I'm a lucky guy---I draw and paint beautiful women with very little or no clothing.  I am the envy of many of my friends.  But these ladies are not objects to me; they are my friends, my work associates, my muses, etc.  Like any other work environment, they deserve to be respected for what they do and how they do it, regardless of the amount of clothing they are wearing.

These ladies know full well what they have gotten themselves into; they realize they they will be objectified, that their photos are sued for spank material for many fans.  But there modeling persona is not the real them.  I've written before about how much work a photo shoot is, that even with a nude model, the job site is pretty devoid of any sexual tension.  Models and photographers (or artist, for that matter) are professional, who are doing a job.  It takes a lot of work to create glamour.


No comments:

Post a Comment