Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Brand New Color Pinup Art!

Finally I can reveal the pinup art I have been teasing on Twitter and Facebook of the beautiful model/actress Jax Turyna. The reference photo was taken by Ralph E Haseltine.

I was approached by Frank Monahan, the publisher of FLiP Magazine, about doing  an illustration as a donation to help veterans.  Jax, who is the editor of the men's side of the magazine, donated not only her modeling time, she also procured the make-up artist and the photographer.  (She is a human dynamo!) 

Jax and I choice one of Ralph's fine photos, and I set to work laying out the photo reference and began to fill in with color almost immediately.  Jax came by my office several times to consult on the art, to make sure it would fit what she wanted for the issue.  My wife was very involved as well, and she insisted on one major change from the original that clearly made the art better (you'll see it when the issue is published!)

This illustration will be published in the next issue of FLiP Magazine, and it will be auctioned off to benefit a veteran's organization, to assist returning servicemen and women. To learn more or to comment on my art, please write me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment