Thursday, September 18, 2014

Random Thoughts and Ramblings of a Pinup Artist

Here are some things that I've learned recently as an artist:

  •  I have gained such confidence in my art abilities in the past 18 months. I am going through one of the most prolific periods of art creation in my lifetime.....but I can't show you all most of it, due to privacy concerns and deadlines.  Believe me, I'd love to show them.
  • In that vein, I am more readily trying new techniques.  I wouldn't often do that; I would afraid of screwing up the piece.  Now, I know that I do make a mistake, I can usually fix it.  I'm learning.
  • I'm having fun again!  Art was a chore for a long time.  I'm enjoying working on the board again, working on several projects at the same time. 
  • I LOVE to illustrate women!  Nude, semi-nude, pinup---it has been so much fun to  capture some very beautiful women this year in various states of undress.  While I enjoy creating landscapes, monsters, and portraits, I just love the female form.
  • I'm working in color!  I will be unveiling a new piece in November for publication in a national magazine that is entirely done in colored pencil.  A big departure for me; while I have done color pencil before, I tried new techniques on this portrait of Jax Turyna
Keep watching this space for some new work, and reworked old pieces! 

No comments:

Post a Comment