Thursday, July 3, 2014

The "Abandoned Commission

 Several years ago, I was contacted on MySpace (remember that name?) by a local lady, who wanted a nude 20" x 30" portrait of herself, based upon a clothed picture she provided. We negotiated the price of several hundred dollars, and I proceeded to get to work.

I have to 'disrobe' women a lot in my work, and this one proved to be fairly easy, since the dress was pretty from fitting.  The rest is just my understanding of female anatomy, and filling in the nude 'blanks,' so to speak.




The due date was before Christmas. I got it done in about 4 weeks, and emailed the client that it was done.  She said she would get back to me to schedule a time to meet and give me the full payment.  And that was the last I heard from her.  I emailed, I messaged, I did everything I could to get a hold of her.  No response.  She literally dropped out of sight, and eventually  abandoned the commission. I mentioned this to a famous Playboy model friend of mine, who said, don't you take deposits?  Well, I started to do so from that point on.

About a year later, I did a search on the so-called client online, and discovered that she was arrested for prostitution in the north suburbs of Chicago.  Interesting side development, I thought.  The piece wound up being sold for a lot less on eBay to a collector.   

What do you think of this piece?  Contact me and let me know your thoughts, or if you have interest in this kind of piece.  Thanks





No comments:

Post a Comment