Thursday, April 24, 2014

The Naked Wives

Over the past few years, it seems that I have received more and more commissions for "The Naked Wives;" i.e, women who very happily want nude or semi-nude art of themselves for their spouses, or husbands looking to give their wives the same. 

I recall how I got started drawing nude wives.  The first commission was a depiction of a husband's wife for tattoo art; she didn't pose nude, we took a number of reference photos and 'pieced' them together to create the artwork.  Since then I have received numerous requests to create this type of nude art.

Personally, I love working with women over the age of say 30 or 35.  I find that it takes a lot of confidence for them to pose or be depicted in the nude, and they are always so pleasant to work with.  Some of my most challenging, yet rewarding, artwork has come from these commissions.  I hope you enjoy them








No comments:

Post a Comment